Sigonella

A guide for newcomers to NAS SIGONELLA.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

NAS SIGONELLA

My husband and I moved to Sigonella only a few months ago on May 1st of 2006. It was a bumpy ride and a tough transition, but here we are! When we received orders here I began looking around, trying to gather information on our new home so that we could be as prepared as possible. I went to the bases website www.sicily.navy.mil and read the welcome packet first. But I found that while some of the information was useful, a lot of it was not up to date or accurate to today. I decided that once we got here and settled down that I was going to gather as much information as possible to help other people moving here. I wish that there was something like this when we were relocating. So, here goes nothing. I am going to try to put as much information as possible on here for you about the area, places to go, things to see, trips to take, the schools, etc. If there is anything you want to know please ask and I'll see what I can do about getting the information for you to make your move as easy on you as possible.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My husband and I just got orders to Sigonella and we would really appreciate any and all information you could provide about preparing for the move/living in Sicily/the base/housing etc. My email is kristenmatella@yahoo.com -- I hope to hear from you! Thanks.
Kristen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home